Help needed for bug #441794 on postgis

Hi fellow developers,

I need some help to figure out how to fix an issue with the postgis
package, a PostgreSQL extension for handling spatial data.

The bug report is #441794, and here there is a quick summary: the package
provides a shared object (liblwgeom) which is used by postgresql for the
postgis-specific functions. With the last upload (a new upstream release)
the soname changed and the database became unusable because those functions
referred to the old soname.

I know that I could change the package name to reflect the soname, but I'm
wondering if there is a better way to handle it. Note that this issue will
pop up again when upgrading from etch to lenny.

Thanks in advance,

--
Fabio Tranchitella <kobold@debian.org>                        .''`.
Proud Debian GNU/Linux developer, admin and user.            : :'  :