Re: Message header fields

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Meanwhile, the message header is about the message *as an email
> message*, and the From field is supposed to be about the individual
> who sent the message.

... unless there's a "Sender:" header, in which case _that's_ the person
who send the email, and the "From:" header names the "true sender" of
the message.

[Every once in a while the Emacs mailing list gets email from Donald
Knuth, who as you may have heard, has sworn off the use of email.
In these messages, "From:" is Knuth himself, and "Sender:" is his
secretary, who is the person that actually sent the message.]

-Miles

p.s. The sig below is from my random sig-generator, which strangely
often seems to pick signatures which are apopos to the message at hand!

--
My books focus on timeless truths.  -- Donald Knuth