Re: Handling of poorly maintained and useless packages

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 06:05:39PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 12:33:41PM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > If I am a user of one of these packages who may have the skill to adopt
> > it or may know someone who can, I may want to know about its orphaning.
> > At current, this is going to be noted on -devel.
> >
> > I would like a message on the user lists on _all_ orphaned packages,
> > maybe just a CC of the current WNPP report?
>
> wnpp-alert may be useful to you - it will tell you if any of your
> packages are nominated for adoption or are orphaned.

I guess maybe this package can be added to the deb-a-day project for
someone to write about as a useful package for users if they are
concerned about their packages being removed from Debian. Maybe add a
note about it in the Debian reference?

But I was interested in a general broadcast to all debian users on a
regular basis with a notice as to what may be remove from Debian. Not
every day or every week, but enough so that users can be given time to
adopt a package or notify someone with the skills.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|