Re: configure script cannot find doc/goops/Makefile.in

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:18:48PM -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Dont know whether debian-user or debian-devel is appropriate for this kind
> of question. Trying my luck here first...
>
> When I run the configure script of guile 1.8.2+1 on Debian Sid, the
> configure script stops with the following error.
>
> $ ./configure

> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating am/Makefile
> config.status: creating benchmark-suite/Makefile
> config.status: creating doc/Makefile
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: doc/goops/Makefile.in
>

> When asked on guile-user mailing list, I was told the problem is Debian
> specific. Hence I am asking here. Is this a bug in guile?
>
> Despite this problem, the package actually builds fine with
> $fakeroot debian/rules build

So, read debian/rules to see what it does differently?

The answer seems to be that it applies quite a few patches, and that
some documentation has removed due to licensing problems (DFSG). So the
.tar.gz is missing the doc/goops/* files and the patches are needed to
remove it from the Makefiles.

Hamish