Re: Shared libraries, dependencies and symbols files

Hi,

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007, Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 05:47:34PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > In other cases, most of the architectures are in sync and some
> > special architectures are creating troubles. It looks like
> > hurd-i386 is currently causing me lots of troubles for example on pango:
> > http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=libpango1.0-0
>
> Is it possible to compare this data against unofficial kfreebsd-(i386|amd64)
> and armel ports in http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/ [1] ? Armel port is
> softfloat, and thus libraries using floats can end up exporting
> inlined softfloat math functions.
>
> As for kfreebsd and hurd, the differences in exported functions are
> probably produced by libtool..

Honestly, I have spent too much time on this project already and I'd
rather have some help instead of giving me more work... all the code I
wrote is available, it's easy to run dpkg-gensymbols on a manually
extracted package and to compare it to the already generated files.

So while I could do it, I won't do it... Aurélien asked me to add support
for those arches in the listing above and I'll try to do it if Jeroen
manages to add support for those arches in Mole.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog