Re: Requesting advice regarding creating a custom Debian distribution

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, icelinux@icelinux.net wrote:
> Picture installation from a dialup modem. to do this one has 2
> options. Option 1) Download all of the CD's, as the old machine does
> not have a dvd player.

People only need to download the first CD and as many additional CDs
as they feel like. The CDs are (for the most part) ordered by
popularity. The only reason to download all CDs is if you've got no
network connection at all (or you like lots of packages that almost no
one else does.)

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored