Re: Requesting advice regarding creating a custom Debian distribution

I am hoping to get some outside developers involved as I know Debian developers have there hands full. I am also hoping that some of the Debian developers who can assist will do so. Honestly I do not think I have the ability, patience, or time to be packaging software for Debian and dealing with bugs I cannot correct. This is one reason I chose to create a custom distribution instead of starting from scratch. I am fairly skilled with Linux but I do not program in the languages used my most Linux developers. I will also be busy with other aspects of the project. I will be able to submit some software that has already been packaged for inclusion in the distribution and work with some upstream developers.

Would you be prepared to package the lacking software yourself for Debian?
Then please prepare ITP announements, RFP otherwise. The Debian Mentors FAQ
gives some direction in this issues
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html