Re: Work-needing packages report for Aug 17, 2007

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 09:45:48PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On ven, aoû 17, 2007 at 05:21:31 +0000, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > wnpp@debian.org dijo [Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 12:26:43AM -0600]:
> > > The following packages have been orphaned:
> > >
> > >    mod-xinerama-for-ion (#438446), orphaned today
> > >      Installations reported by Popcon: 7
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to remove this package from the distribution?
> > Very few people use it, it does not have an upstream author (well,
> > yes, it has an upstream author who wants it dead ;-) ), and ion3
> > itself (although my WM of choice) is currently sitting in non-free
> > because of its author's... Rigidness :-/
>
>   FWIW I do use it, maybe I could maintain it, OTOH, it's buggy for me
> as it does not supports xrandr 1.2 properly.

It should probably be dropped then. The old Xaphod mode xinerama is dead at
X.org, and we're not really going to be supporting it any more in lenny, so
if this package doesn't work properly with randr 1.2 then it either needs
to be fixed or dropped from the archive.

 - David Nusinow