Re: Out of the box CPU frequency scaling

[manphiz]
> As in my case it didn't work because the cpufreq related modules
> were not loaded automatically, I had to explicitly write them down
> in /etc/modules, then everything is fine.

The /etc/init.d/loadcpufreq script is supposed to load the cpufreq
related modules automatically.  If this do not work for your machine,
please submit a bug report and if possible, explain why it failed.

> Why? Powernowd is simply another scaling governor daemon along side
> cpufreq{d,utils} regardless of cpu type, which works well on my
> Intel box.

Because the kernel with ondemand governor does a better job for Intel
CPUs, according to the Intel engineer writing the powertop utililty.
See <URL:http://www.bughost.org/pipermail/power/2007-May/000090.html>
some background info.

Happy hacking,
--