Re: Using standardized SI prefixes

As I see it there are two ways of resolving the difference between KiB
and KB.

    * Use Rosetta to update the text and fix the output so that it now
      reads KiB. This would be relatively simple to do, but not actually
      helpful longer term.
    * Fix the source code that calculates KB by doing a bit shift[0] and
      instead dividing the number of bytes by a power of 10.

[0] I'm assuming that most applications will calculate how many
Kilobytes/Megabytes are used by dividing by a power of two.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..