Re: Consequences of the removal of Experimental.

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:57:17PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>>> There's also the fact that if you remove experimental it's easy enough
>>> for people to set up their apt repositories somewhere if they want to
>>> provide packages outside of unstable.
>> .... but they would lose the autobuilding from buildd.net.

buildd.net is only a frontend to some buildd data, it has nothing to do
with the experimental autobuilders.

>   which doesn't work properly anyways. The experimental buildd network
> is at best a joke. Let's take the glibc 2.6 for example:

glibc is a special case and usually breaks the mail limit on most
hosts. I'm still waiting for the local admin (... Ganneff) to fix the
max mail size to actually see glibc build logs.
I'm also waiting to move the wanna-build for experimental to another
host, were it can finally be properly updated so that versions
containing ~ don't fuck up the version comparision (which is the reason
for you getting #425784, but not trying any newer version).

Marc
--
BOFH #163:
no "any" key on keyboard