Re: SCSI drives for donation

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 02:46:08PM -0600, Warren Turkal wrote:

> I personally have 6 or 7 U320 73GB 10K RPM SCSI drives that I am not using for
> anything interesting. Can anyone tell me if these would be useful to Debian
> or recommend another free software group to donate them?

The m68k port is nearly always in need for SCSI replacement disks for their
~20 m68k buildds. Some boxes just have 9 GB drives for multiple chroots,
which causes some build failures from time to time because the disks have no
free space anymore. One buildd is currently down because of SCSI disk
problems as well.
So, the m68k port has the need for some larger disks, especially when those
disks are usuable with a standard 50 pin SCSI cable. It would be nice if you
could send us one or more disks. Stephen Marenka is located in the US while
I'm located in Germany (as most m68k buildds as well). CC'ing him.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc