Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

Nathanael Nerode writes:

>> with
>>   the losing party responsible for costs, including, without
>>   limitation, court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees and
>>   expenses.
> Haven't heard much if any comment on this.

Fee shifting distorts the default legal environment in the United
States.  European courts often award costs to the winner even with no
license clause to that effect.  I am not sure about the rest of the
world.  There are good arguments to be made on each side, but I think
a free software license is not an appropriate place to make them, or
an appropriate vehicle to enforce the licensor's views on the issue.

Michael Poole