Re: Proposal for a new CDD sub-project: Debian4Business

cc'ing debian-custom so we can get off devel.

Qua, 2007-04-18 às 22:34 +0200, Andreas Tille escreveu:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Luis Matos wrote:
>
> > A cdd would be good for some first testing, but having it included in
> > debian would be great.
>
> Argh - the usual missunderstanding: If you use the term Custom
> Debian Distribution your first Google hit gives the definition:
>
>     Custom Debian Distribution (CDD): a subset of Debian that is
>     configured to support a particular target group out-of-the-box.
>
> So having it included in Debian is solved by definition - and this
> would be the right thing to do.  The mailing list that is relevant
> for this debian-custom@lists.debian.org.

it true it's debian, but ... i meant in debian's main (general)
distribution, that is, as option in tasksel and not only as
meta-package ... but there is no problem.

Maybe an tasksel interface for included cdds would be nice :)

> If you ask me you should read [1] and [2] and finally come up with
> a proposal on the debian-custom list.  I really like your idea.

well ... one more to help then :P