Re: Extended partition creation policy ?

Hello David,

On Thursday 07 September 2006 14:14, David Balazic wrote:
> I noticed, that when the debian installer is instructed to create
> two partitions, whose joint size is less than the size of the disk,
> then it creates one primary partition and one logical partition inside
> an extended partition.
>
> The issue is, that this extended partition has the size of the logical
> partition and not the maximum possible size (the entire empty disk
> space plus the logical parition).

The correct way to report this would be to file a bug report [1] against
the package "partman-base". That will make sure it is brought to the
attention of the debian-installer team and that its resolution will be
tracked in the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS).

Could you please do that?

Thanks,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting