Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

Am 2006-08-24 17:51:55, schrieb Rudy Godoy:

> I do believe it's more a matter of relations with press and media than
> budget. We have no easy-way-to-get-it to tell people why they would want to
> use Debian. Ubuntu, on the other hand, has achieved to do so, and what they
> tell that we can't? nothing. All what they advertise we do offer. But we
> are not good on advertise our OS.

What do we do, if one day to another 10 million or more peoples want to
use Linux (it does not mater which distribution)  ARE WE PREPARED?

I asume, the worldwide Linux resources would crash.

> We need to tell people: Debian is fine for you because it allows you to
> get your work done and be productive, whether you are an artist,
> corporate employee, student, doctor, etc.

Right...

> That kind of advertisement, focusing on things that matter for people
> more than specs and technical details, which are only interesting for
> those who already in the computing area.
> I know there is a subproject working on such things, which is great.

<debian-desktop> ?
<debian-edu>     ?  (Skolelinux)

> No, I still believe we need more people and relations with press, and
> not only the technical ones, we should advertise more our work and
> good experiences like donzka, LinEx, and the others. Not only tell
> ourselves: we know we are doing things better. We should tell it to
> others too!

Hmmm...

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)