Re: centralized bzr (Re: Successful and unsuccessful Debian development tools)

* Brian May [Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:53:01 +1000]:

>     Robert> On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 12:01 +1000, Brian May wrote:
>     >> Curiously though, the problems continue even after the archive
>     >> appears to be converted successfully - if I do a diff
>     >> operation, it reports all files as deleted, but if I try to
>     >> revert it, it slows to a grinding halt.

>     Robert> Could you please run 'bzr upgrade' while using bzr
>     Robert> 0.9rc1. If my guess at your situation is right this will
>     Robert> take a while to run, but correct your performance issues.

> Did I do something wrong?

> bam@margay:~/bzr/diary-data$ bzr upgrade
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins/bzrtools/__init__.py:21: DeprecationWarning: Modifying
>  DEFAULT_IGNORE was deprecated in version 0.9. Consider using bzrlib.ignores.add_unique_user_ignores o
> r bzrlib.ignores.add_runtime_ignores
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins/bzrtools/__init__.py:22: DeprecationWarning: Modifying
>  DEFAULT_IGNORE was deprecated in version 0.9. Consider using bzrlib.ignores.add_unique_user_ignores o
> r bzrlib.ignores.add_runtime_ignores
> bzr: ERROR: The branch format Bazaar-NG meta directory, format 1 is already at the most recent format.

No. You just need to upgrade your bzrtool package to 0.9 as well.

> Anyway, I tried the revert operation again with 0.9-2. Memory usage
> was still high (205meg at one point), but bounded - much better. The
> operation successfully completed this time.

Sounds acceptable to close ##380412, then?

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

One way to make your old car run better is to look up the price of a new model.