Re: heimdal & KCM

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> * create heimdal-kcm package.
>   Pros: very flexible.
>   Cons: users may not realise it exists.

I think this plus a Recommends in heimdal-clients is the best approach.

> I haven't investigated yet how to make KCM be used by default (I think
> standard upstream might require setting an environment variable).

> I am also not aware if KCM breaks compatibility with the MIT Kerberos
> libraries or not.

I'm fairly sure that the MIT Kerberos libraries won't be able to find
ticket caches that exist only in KCM.  It might, however, be possible to
add that support as a new ticket cache type, since MIT Kerberos does
support pluggable ticket cache backends.