Re: I want one of those!

* Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> [2006-08-18 10:48]:
> > Has anyone contacted movidis/cavium of getting this system supported
> > in etch? It would make a nice bullet in etch release notes :)
>
> According to the linked informationweek article in Adrians's original
> posting, this machine actually ships with Debian.

That's not the point.  The point is that the system is not supported
by Debian, i.e. there's no kernel for it, no debian-installer support,
etc.

While it would be nice to support this system (and I'll probably see
what I can do), there are plenty of problems.  As a starter, the
Cavium people haven't actually published kernel patches for inclusion
in mainline...
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/