Re: libslang2 breaks jed

Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've two problems with libslang2. The first is, the package libslang2
> includes a patch that changes the behaviour of a function. But jed
> expects the function behaviour as given in the original slang2 library.
> I've reported this bug #369152, 80 days ago, but the maintainer does not
> react. The upstream maintainer (of jed and slang) John E. Davis is also
> interested in what this patch should do.

I apologize for this; I'd lost track of this particular bug (busy doing
RL) and
forgot to upload. Will do so today.
> And the second problem is, the dependency version for libslang2 calcuated
> by dh_shlibdeps is always 2.0.1-1 although the installed version is
> newer. Why? How can I change this? There were bug fixes in libslang2
> since 2.0.1-1. I need a newer version than this.

You should just be able to do libslang2 (>= 2.0.6-3) in jed to force
dependencies
on a late version. Nevertheless, as the behaviour of libslang has
changed with
the above change, I'll change the slib dependencies.

> Thanks, Jörg.

Regards
Alastair