Re: Orphaned Packages

Hi, Klaus...

On Thursday 17 August 2006 10:47, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> I read that the packages cvsps and xearth are orphaned now. I might be
> able to get over this packages. But there is a small problem:
>
> Years ago I start getting a official debian maintainer. Unfortunately it
> went asleep as I have no time to finish the new maintainer procedure.
> I would be able and proud to give some work to debian but the my time is
> very limited.
>
> So is there a way to give official packages to debian without being a
> official maintainer?

Oh, yes, it is. And it's very common, too. It's called "sponsorship".
See http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

You can upload your package to mentors.debian.net and send an email
(RFS = request for sponsorship) to debian-mentors@lists.d.o.

By the way: you are still the "official maintainer" then. You just need
someone to upload on your behalf. But your name stays on the package.

Good luck and thanks for your upcoming contribution.

 Christoph
--
~
~