Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the wrong ideas (was: New desktop features provided by new version of update-notifier)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
Ottavio Caruso <pr0f3ss0r1492@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > That is a *very* bad idea.
>
> Even only on a small details, I am please to see a few
> people on a Debian mailing list not blindly accepting
> whatever comes from the Ubuntu world.

Because this *is* a bad idea. If you have localized text, blindly
replacing Ubuntu with Debian will make it absolutely messy for languages
that have different declension for both. And I doubt that replacing
Ubuntu with Debian at run time comes from Ubuntu...