Re: cdrtools

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 04:09:33PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>
> > > Do you really believe that you are able to deflect from the main problem:
> > >
> > > The original sources do not have such bugs and many Debian users that
> > > did write bug reports against the Debian version of cdrtools did already
> > > switch to a self compiled original source in order to get a working cdrecord.
> > >
> > > Why don't you read my reply?
> >
> > I rather burn my own CDs/DVDs and see for myself if the program works.
> >
> > Your source: total failure.
> > Debian source: works perfectly for years.
> >
> > Conclusion: Debian patches are GOOD. And that for years and years.
>
> Nice try for trolling:
>
> This is of course a lie.....or why don't you like to prove it:
>
> http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/problems.html

Well, that's a nice page isn't it... rather than try to assist in the
distribution of your software with the major players, instead you decide
to slag them all off in one go. Congratulations. You are an anally
retentive muppet.

> Come back to reallity, the k3b maintainers did already give up with
> Debian versions of cdrtools and use self-compiled unmodified originalsources.

*YAWN* - so, does k3b in debian use a non-debian version of cdrecord?
really? are you sure? because k3b worked fine for me last time I was in
need of it (doesn't happen often).

> Guess why? It is the Debian variant that dioes not work while the original
> works out of the bix.

Weird, debian version works fine for me... Maybe it's muppets like the
upstream for cdrecord... yes, that's you Joerg... that makes it so that
people just give in - you have an inane ability to really really annoy
the hell out of very many people - here's hoping that all remnants of
your crappy, half baked software with dumb licencing gets removed from
the debian archive soon - maybe then you'll shut the hell up and let
everyone continue with life.

"Thanks",
--
Brett Parker