Re: lilypond and python

Le mer 26 juillet 2006 01:53, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
> > your mails are a marvelous proof of bad faith. if you want to
> > enforce your package to use python2.4 for some (apparently borken —
> > but I didn't bothered to check) reason, you just need (either
> > through debian/pyversions + pysupport or XS-Python-Version through
> > pycentral) ask for a 2.4+ python version.
>
> As I have said multiple times, lilypond now requires python 2.4 to
> work correctly.
>
> You're telling me that if I "use debian/pyversions" and the rest of
> that, whatever it is, then lilypond scripts and user code which
> depends on python 2.4 will automagically get it even though it uses
> #! on ordinary "python"?  This sounds like it's what you're saying,
> but I find it hard to see how that could be what's happening.

it has been said numerous time, that you just need to sed the shebang of
those scripts, such modifications are often used in python packaging,
and is easy to do.

would you have tried to do it, a new lilypond would already been in the
archive, instead of 10 new mails on debian-devel.

> Maybe you don't understand what we're talking about here?

given the fact that I've NMUed sth like 40 packages for the new python
policy, I really think I do.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit