Re: Mozilla Mothballed now, is a Seamonkey package a possibility?

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Rod Lovett wrote:

As mentioned below by Joey from Debian weekly news, I personally would much appreciate Debian Developers/ package maintainers to consider discussing replacing the Mozilla browser , now superseded and mothballed by the Mozilla foundation and replaced by the Seamonkey Council, and now I think Seamonkey 1.02 is the stable release. This email was written in a Seamonkey 1.0 cmg, installed on a Kanotix box, but a Deb package would be better perhaps, in the Debian repositories.
I greatly hope this will be considered soon in at Debian.
Thanks too Joey
All the Best in there
Rod

I am preparing a seamonkey package as my employers, Linspire, want to see it in their Debian-derived distro (as well as Debian proper.) You can see the current state of things at:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/deb-maint/seamonkey/

The package works but I have mot uploaded it yet as lintian still shows a number of policy violations.

I welcome help from anyone who would like to work on getting these problems fixed. Going forward, team-maintainence would be a good idea.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>