Re: ITP: gzrt -- gzip recovery toolkit

* Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net> [2006-07-16 07:17]:

> On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 19:35 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> > Please install cpio 2.5 or higher to facilitate recovery from damaged
> > gzipped tarballs.
>
> I will drop the version from the description and add cpio to the
> suggests.
>
> I added the suggestion to the description because I guess that .tar.gz
> will be the most common type of file being recovered and because
> suggests/recommends do not tell humans exactly how/why cpio is useful to
> install alongside gzrt.

You can recommend it, it just isn't necessary to point out the "2.5"
version as stable has 2.5-1.3 and etch will have 2.6 or newer. Just
change the description to something like

"You will need to install cpio to facilitate recovery from damaged
gzipped tarballs."

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System
<Alfie> Ah, vergessen -- Du verwendest ja auch das Biest emacs.