Re: make -j in Debian packages

Quoting Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>:

> Since most packages currently
> do not do this, some of our infrastructure (in casu, buildd machines)
> assume this is not being done. Doing it anyway then might upset those
> machines -- not just on m68k; when there was talk of a 6-way SPARC
> buildd machine being set up, I understand that the plan there was to run
> multiple instances of the buildd software on that machine, rather than
> having parallel builds run[1]. Having five or six build processes all do
> 'make -j 4' might grind even the most powerful of machines to a halt.

[overly nagging]
When the talk about the hijacking of Bacula was up, the consensus was
'who cares about the m68k? If they can't keep up, get more machines'.

I didn't like it then, and I don't like it any more now... And i don't
even HAVE a m68k machine any more!
--
spy Delta Force Kennedy cryptographic Marxist Serbian critical
arrangements 747 quiche supercomputer SDI PLO Ortega AK-47