Re: LSB init scripts and multiple lines of output

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2006.06.01.2122 +0200]:
>>> Starting RAID device md0 ... 3 drives, done
>>> Starting RAID device md1 ... 3 drives, done
>>> Starting RAID device md2 ... 2/3 drives, degraded
>>> Starting RAID device md3 ... 1/3 drives, failed
>>> Starting RAID device md4 ... 3 drives, done
>> What do people think about that?

Would combining the drives that went well make sense?
Starting RAID devices...  md0, md1, md4 done
Starting RAID device md2 ... 2/3 drives, degraded
Starting RAID device md3 ... 1/3 drives, failed

The "Starting RAID devices..." could be put before the startup.
I guess the gain I see is that on normal operation only one line is
printed while providing more detailed and still legible information in
case of a failure.

Kind regards

T.
--