Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 06:27:53PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [060524 17:54]:
> > So I guess you can still criticize folks for this if you want to, but I know
> > that my own ongoing notion of "best practices" comes from stuff I learned
> > long ago plus new ideas discussed on this mailing list, not from the devref.

> Well, wouldn't it be a good idea to make just sync the dev ref with what
> you consider as best practice?

Certainly!  Perhaps one of these years I'll find time to think about doing
that. :-)

> (And, BTW, I make much effort to only update the dev ref with correct
> information.)

Sure, I don't doubt that this is the case.  I'm just saying that, since the
devref is non-normative, it doesn't attract the same attention from the
community that policy does on keeping it updated, which is hard for a small
group of editors to overcome because people tend to be biased to think their
own viewpoint is the consensus viewpoint :)