Re: Specifying TCP/UDP port for lockd under /etc/default/nfs-common

Marco,

Most probably you're right, but take a look to this scenario :

You want to change the lockd ports. For this you have to stop->start the
nfs-common service, echo "port" > /proc/sys/fs/nfs/nlm_tcpport and start
again.

When you're sure you want those ports, and if you want to preserve this
changes for the next boot, you now have to type them on /etc/sysctl.conf

Instead, if you can place them on TCPLOCKDPORT /etc/defaults/nfs-common
and then restart the service, it's already done for the next reboot.

That second approach sounds much more "debian like" to me. But I'm so far
not an expert on debian-policy so I might be totally wrong!

Regards,
David