Re: How (not) to write copyright files - take two

On 10606 March 1977, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I am packaging a program for debian, and wrote a manpage and two patches
> for making it compile with libwxwindows. I am not very interested in
> being the author list: I would be a bit ashamed that my name would
> appear more frequently that the author's for a work which is not mine.
> Also, I feel a bit lazy and do not want the burden of changing the
> copyright file whenever one of my modifications is accepted or
> obsoleted.

> Is it OK if I release the patches and the manpages in the public domain,
> and I do not mention the manpage and the patches in the copyright file?

Hrm. Of course not every author of a single patch with a few lines, or a
manpage or so is needed to be put into the copyright file. That is more
for packages where Upstream randomly copied files from other peoples
packages into, or sometimes whole subdirectories containing other works...

--
bye Joerg
Some AM to his NM on [11 Aug. 2004]: