Re: buildd and experimental

[Please followup to -project; I am subscribed there, too, so you should
*not* Cc me.]

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 12:13 +0100, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:59:46AM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
>
> > [0] In case you're unsure, you can check the X-Spam-Status header, which
> > will tell you that I am an LDOSUBSCRIBER, in which case you can assume
>
> Just nitpicking: there is no X-Spam-Status: header in my copy; however,
> there is a X-Qmail-Scanner-MOVED-X-Spam-Status: header instead. And even
> if somebody founds that and somehow guesses that this is the right
> header to look at (I have extra headers added by 3 different spam
> checkers), he/she would probably have still no idea what LDOSUBSCRIBER
> means.

I understand that different mail systems do different things (although I
hope you're not using qmail[0]).  However, the code of conduct seems to
point out that one should not Cc someone unless they specifically ask
for it (a guideline that you neglected to follow, after I pointed this
out to Mr. Bushnell).  But since some new or one-time posters may not
realize this (and want to be Cc'd anyway), this provides a heuristic to
guess if someone is actually subscribed, nothing more.

If you are unsure, you could simply not Cc someone unless they ask.

[0] qmail has a nasty habit of sending backscatter, which, AIUI, cannot
be turned off.