Re: Please reject to rule on the ndiswrapper question

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 02:05:16PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> The correct way to proceed would seem to be a ruling by a body
> authorized to make authoritative interpretations of the Social Contract,
> or, failing that (since I believe we have no such body), a General
> Resolution.

You (or whoever feels strongly about this) could also provide a
motivation to ftpmaster@ why you believe so, and ask for
reconsideration. Everybody, even the ftp-master team, can make
mistakes, or be persuadated to change mind provided with a good
argumentation. I also note that the only ftp-master team member that
spoke up in this thread seems to be inclined to prefer contrib over main
for this package. There was no mail at all to ftpmaster@ about this, nor
a bugreport filed/reassigned to the ftp.debian.org pseudopackage.

Shouldn't overruling of any sort only happen after talking to the
involved parties failed to yield a satisfactionary response? C.f.
Constitution 6.3.6:

| Technical Committee makes decisions only as last resort.
|
| The Technical Committee does not make a technical decision until efforts
| to resolve it via consensus have been tried and failed, unless it has
| been asked to make a decision by the person or body who would normally
| be responsible for it.

Of course, this paragraph only applies if one assumes the (initial)
authority to make the main vs contrib decision is with ftp-master, but I
believe it is.

--Jeroen
Another FTP-Team member, who doesn't yet have an opinion on this matter,
but hasn't been asked for one either

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl