Common Light Invitation for Communication Workshop

                                                February 21, 2006

Dear Friends of Common Light,

              We invite you to join us in a workshop March 24-25 on Resolving Conflict with Self and Others in order to develop valuable peacemaking skills through learning the international conflict resolution language developed by Marshall Rosenberg.  Ever since we encountered this nonviolent approach to communication in a workshop with Marshall at Guilford College in the l970s, we have been impressed with its practicality and applicability.  Last year 250,000 people around the world took this class, which is currently being taught in 22 countries.  We hope you’ll join us to gain practical skills that have proved useful to people of all ages and all walks of life.  This will be a workshop taking a “hands on” approach with lots of practice, so that by the end of two days, we will all have developed conscious skills and a strategy to deal with at least two real-time conflicts.

            We are very excited to be bringing Catherine Clements, a close friend and nationally recognized consultant, counselor, and teacher to Black Mountain to teach this two-day Intensive. Our friendship with Catherine dates from l968 when, as Cathy Lowdermilk, she entered Guilford College in the Richardson Fellows Honors Program for Creative Leadership.  A Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Colorado, she is a member of the American Counseling Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development.  Now based in Boulder, CO, her expertise derives from 20 years of practical experience in organizational development, administrative, accounting and human resources management, counseling and mediation training, strategic planning, administrative policy, and systems development in public and private organizations small and large. To learn more about Catherine Clement, including some of the positions she has held and clients she has served, go to Programs on www.commonlight.org.  To learn more about Marshall Rosenberg’s work, see www.cnvc.org.

            The workshop takes place at Common Light Meetingplace, in a wooded setting at the confluence of Flat Creek and Swannanoa River, and weather permitting, there will be pleasant lunches on the deck.  It runs all day March 24-25 Friday and Saturday, 9am to 5pm.  The,fee, including two lunches, is $90. Scholarships, as always, are available.  Registration closes March 1st, so let us hear from you soon!

                                                                        Beth & Mel Keiser

                                                                        info@commonlight.org

                                                                        828-669-3616