Re: ITP: cutecom -- QT-based terminal emulator.

Hi,

I'm the author of cutecom.

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 22:26, Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
> Subject: ITP: cutecom -- QT-based terminal emulator.
> Package: wnpp
> Owner: "Raúl Sánchez Siles" <rasasi78@gmail.com>
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name    : cutecom
>   Version         : x.y.z
>   Upstream Author : Name <somebody@example.org>
> * URL             : http://www.example.org/
> * License         : (GPL, LGPL, BSD, MIT/X, etc.)
>   Description     : QT-based graphical serial terminal emulator.
>
> cutecom is a graphical serial terminal which use the QT library. Its
> functionallity is similiar to minicom and gtkterm.
>
> Altough all the main functionalities are included, specific new
> functionalities should be easy to code since there is only a single c++
> code(<30KB) file to edit.
>
> Project upstream seems stalled since last year but it works ok.

Well, it basically has all features I want and works without problems AFAIK (I
use it every day).
On my todo is a port to Qt 4 and a log-to-file option.

> It is
> classified to be in beta stage. I'd hope I have the time to add more
> functionalities in the future i.e.: macros or representation types.

What do you mean with "representation types" ?
I'd really like to keep the UI simple and clean, without too many stuff on it.

Bye
Alex