Re: Pre-Depends for Xorg 7.0

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> Yep.

> Imake is still being shipped for the benefit of third-party packages,
> but it is not used by anything in Xorg 7.0 IIRC.  Doing a quick check, I
> think very few if any other packages in Debian use imake.

I think you should perhaps check a little more thoroughly before jumping
to conclusions.

Here's a list of packages that install binaries into /usr/X11R6/bin and
don't have lintian overrides for it.  In spot checks, about a quarter of
these packages use imake.  And that's just the packages with binaries;
there are a number of other packages that don't install binaries but that
still use imake (I happen to maintain one of them, a font package).

bugsx
buici-clock
ctwm
emelfm