Re: For those who care about the GR

2006/1/22, Thijs Kinkhorst <kink@squirrelmail.org>:
> This goes even further here, because the DFSG is not even a strict set of
> rules but are guidelines. As we all know, guidelines are subject to
> interpretation on a case-by-case basis, that's what distinguishes them
> from rules. Therefore, I think a specific application of guidelines can
> not be seen as a fact.

As someone who can't vote and thus whose opinion doesn't matter, it
seems to me that the issue is that people may actually want to vote
multiple ways:

1. debian-legal is wrong, the GFDL is compatable with the DFSG and
thus should be included in main.
2. I know the GFDL isn't compatable with the DFSG but I think it
should be allowed in main anyway.
3. I know the GFDL isn't compatable with the DFSG but the DFSG is only
for software not documentation, so it's allowed in main for
documentation only. :)

It seems that some people see the vote as meaning 1 and others want
meaning 2. The latter would seems to require changing the SC, the
former wouldn't.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/