Re: Trivial bug on apt-file (Was : Re: Development standards for unstable)

Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 06:48:38PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
>
>>>But if you read this bug (#307833), you'd see that the maintainer doesn't
>>>consider it a bug, and has documented why in the README file.
>>
>>It is a bug as the package is not usable without curl or wget installed.
>>Though, I give him a chance to respond to my intention to NMU...
>

> An NMU is not the place to "fix" things that the maintainer has
> specifically said aren't bugs.

Well the maintainer doesn't tag the bugs wontfix nor closes them all, so
he probably thinks it *are* bugs that don't need immediate attention?

>>>You could of course disagree about whether it's a bug or not, but in that
>>>case, you would want to appeal to the tech-ctte, not debian-devel.
>>
>>...before going to the Technical Committee.
>

> I'm sure Florian'll be giving you a serve for being so threatening any
> moment now...

Sorry, I don't meant to threaten anyone, I was just saying that I first
want to try all other means before I would consider going to the
Technical Committee.

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D