Re: Packet radio and foul language

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 10:49 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 12:43:16PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > Dishonesty is *not* an equivalent substitute for respect. If you're
> > > being nice to somebody even though you don't like them, that doesn't
> > > make you a better person, it just makes you a liar.
> > With beliefs like that, no wonder this world is going to hell in a
> > hand basket.
> > Manners/politeness is social lubricant.  It makes society run
> > smoother and less violently.
>
> Isn't it also a social lubricant to avoid blaming the people you're
> trying to communicate with for dooming the entire world, merely by how
> they act on some random mailing list?

You are *absolutely* correct.  Mea culpa.  I'll go flagellate
myself now...

> Cheers,
> aj, wondering if good grammar helps the world run more smoothly too

Sure, since it *assists* clarity of communication, which helps to
transmit information clearly and diminish misunderstandings.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head--that's assault,
not leadership."
Dwight David Eisenhower