Re: Aptitude question

Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> writes:
>   [0] alert readers will note that the caveat "if the user waits for a
> sufficient amount of time" has to be added here; however, this is typically
> much less than one second per solution on my hardware.

Er, what _is_ your hardware anyway?  Though I love the aptitude interface
and functionality, I've noticed that on my home machine (not so fast, but
not too bad with average software), normal aptitude operation has been
getting more and more slothlike in recent times, to the point where I often
just hit ^C to exit after upgrading, instead of waiting ages for all the
"updating random stuff #11, very slowly... 2%" stuff to finish before I can
type "q"....

-miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"