Re: Need for launchpad

Federico Di Gregorio <fog@initd.org> wrote:

> What really I don't understand is how a proprietary tool can promote
> more efficient collaboration on the development of _free software_.
> Sounds like an ossimoron to me.

I think it's hard to argue against the fact that Sourceforge has
encouraged a great deal of collaboration on free software, despite now
not being entirely open.

(It's probably also hard to argue against the fact that Sourceforge has
discouraged a great deal of collaboration, what with their inability to
do things like run a stable CVS service. Thanks, Sourceforge)
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org