Re: yorick package maintainer

David H. Munro wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> An etch release-blocking bug (#346861) has been reported against
> my yorick package, as part of the mass xlib-dev build dependency bug.

I could prepare an NMU if you like, though...

> I'm ashamed to admit that I can't fix it myself because my PGP(!)
> key is no longer supported by Debian.  I've made a few attempts to
> get myself reinstated via admin@db.debian.org and da-manager@debian.org,
> but so far no one has been able to help me.  If anyone can help me get
> back to the point that I can use the automated LDAP system described at
> https://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html I would greatly appreciate it.
> (Needless to say, I've followed the instructions posted there and the
> chpasswd@db.debian.org mail daemon does not respond, even when I
> sign the request with the obsolete PGP key that is used to sign the
> current yorick-1.5.14-1 package.)

you might want to have a look at [1] as that is the procedure to follow
to have a new key added to the keyring when you don't have any existing
valid key anymore AFAICT.

> Thank you very much for any help you can provide; I apologize for
> letting things slide for so long.

You're welcome :-)

Cheers

Luk

[1] http://keyring.debian.org/replacing_keys.html

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D