Re: GPL and linking

On 5/11/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm not going to say that your point of view isn't perfectly valid
> as your own point of view; but I don't have any reason to believe that
> it's a good predictor of how a court case involving the FSF suing
> FooSoft for linking against GNU readline would be argued.

Of course, a court case does not have to be argued that way.

However, I believe that a person who holds a GPL copyright
who neglects these points in court is likely to lose.

A judge can ignore issues which are not raised in court, and
will focus on issues which are raised and contested in court.

--
Raul