Re: Release update: editorial changes to the testing propagation scripts

Quoting Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk>:

> Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> wrote:
>
> > Can you tell about the possible risks that may affect your release plan
> > and what you have done to ensure that they will not delay your release
> > plan?
>
> Why is this a worthwhile use of a release manager's time? How about we
> analyse the release /after/ we've successfully done it?

It's a worthwhile use of a release manager's time precisely becuase failing to
manage risk can result in an unsuccessful or delayed (again) release.  Anyone
that has managed a project of notable size can atest that under all but the
most extraordinary circumstances, risk management is critical.  If we wait
until
after the release to analyze the risks, we may never get there.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr