Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

* Adam Majer (adamm@galacticasoftware.com) [050501 03:35]:
> I just search Google for me and I found this,
>
> https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/people/adamm/
>
> Now, I never signed up to be a maintainer for Ubuntu. I don't understand
> why I am part of "people of Ubuntu" or why I am listed as a maintainer
> of any package on Ubuntu's website? I know Ubuntu is using my packages
> as part of their distribution. I have no problem with that. What I do
> have a problem is the use of my name and my resources (time) in
> association with Ubuntu *without* my permission.

I consider that to be - at least - very unfortunate. I am not maintainer
of any of Ubuntus Packages, and I prefer if Ubuntu wouldn't claim that I
am. If they want to give credit - that's a good idea, but that's
something different than claiming I'm maintainer.

Sadly, there is no mail contact on the launchpad page, so I Cced the
general ubuntu contact to that mail. Perhaps they can fix it.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/