Re: Resignation and uploads

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:09:22PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> You're not the only person requesting key updates, and there's a queue.
> Probably because there've been issues of higher importance (such as
> upgrading project machines from Woody to Sarge, or making sure the SPARC
> and ARM buildd hosts get their logs signed, etc). Since your initial
> update, James found time to work his way partway through that queue, but
> hasn't reached the end (or, for that matter, your position in the queue)
> yet.

Wouter, consider this issue from the other side. How long should a
developer have to wait for their key to be updated, a two minute task?
Why is five weeks reasonable? (More, since it's still not done.)

Why do all of the tasks you mention depend on one person? There's no
obvious reason why they couldn't be distributed to at least four people.
For example, don't we have other Debian system admins who could do the
sarge upgrades? (And since sarge has been out since June, why is it
urgent now?) Don't we have other buildd admins for those arches?
(Isn't this a prerequisite for an etch release?)

I don't understand why we make it hard to contribute to this project.

Hamish