Re: getting unstable lintian & linda into stable

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:28:31PM +0100, Nico Golde wrote:
> So what about a special exception which provides updated lintian &
> linda packages for the stable distribution?  Is it technical possible?
> I mean becaused it should be fixed.

It might not be necessary as an exception: perhaps the rule sets could
be provided, in a seperate package, via volatile.debian.net ?

> If not it would be great to add some kind of Warning to the source
> code which checks the Debian versions and warns the user that it is
> normally recommended to built on a newer version.

I expect that could be implemented as a rule, and I think on it's own it
is a good idea, as I often forget to make sure I'm in an unstable system
when building packages.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/