Resignation and orphan list

Having lost my access to my old GPG key, I followed project procedure for
creating and validating a new one.  The final step is a signed request to
keyring-maint@d.o.  That request was sent on October 3.  However, my new key
is still not on the keyring.

James Troup (elmo) is the only human behind keyring-maint@d.o.  Over the past
five weeks, Mr. Troup has found lots of time to participate in Ubuntu
development, as evidenced by his continued activity on the #ubunto-devel IRC
channel.  However, despite many requests by mail and IRC, he has not found
five minutes to update the keyring with my new key.

Branden Robinson, the DPL, is aware of this organizational failure.  But he
has done nothing effective to repair it.  He has suggested that another DD,
Jeroen van Wolffelaar, has the authority to make keyring changes -- an odd
situation, given the keyring-maint@d.o alias, but no matter -- but Mr. van
Wolffelaar has made no more progress than Mr. Troup has: that is to say, none.

I see no point in trying to force my way (back) into a project that shows no
interest in allowing me to keep participating.  Therefore, I hereby resign
from the Debian Project.

My resignation orphans the following packages:

        deliver
        libclass-factory-perl
        libclass-inner-perl
        libcss-tiny-perl