Re: Request: Source for parts of GNU/Solaris

> To be fair, I must admit that I'm not a DD and I don't hold copyright to
> any of Erast's software.  But I believe strongly in the way Debian does
> things, and I use a *lot* of Debian software in my work.  So I justify
> my participation in this thread based on my interest in protecting
> Debian's interests.

Debian's interests may also be avoiding to be perceived by the
majority of other free software projects contributors as an aggressive
community. I think this is the main point of Anthony Towns posts.

We can discuss with people from the Nexenta and Opensolaris project in
a civilized manner.

Just standing up and shouting "you are wrong" in the face of people
which you disagrre with has never proven to be a very efficient way to
reach a mutual agreement even on very tough issues (and EVEN if you
are actually right). This is how things work in real life.

Again, I'm not discussing whether claims of all people jumping on
Nexenta and Erast toes....I personnally think you/we are right on
these claims. However, this IMHO does not justify the way we are
telling this to them.