Re: Request: Source for parts of GNU/Solaris

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
Andy Teijelo Pérez <ateijelo@uh.cu> writes:

El Martes, 8 de Noviembre de 2005 1:11, Thomas Bushnell BSG escribió:
"Erast Benson" <erast@gnusolaris.org> writes:
I understand your concern. We will release ISO image with CDDL/GPL
sources very soon. Majority of them already available at /apt. The rest
is comming.
Once again, delete the binaries *now*.
Please! Could you give the man a break?

I agree with you that they're not fullfilling every little drop of
ink in the GPL and that's not acceptable, but, man, please, let them
work. It's ok to point them their mistake, but let them fix it. Give
them some time. They cannot go from violating to not-violating in
zero time.

That is not correct.  Deleting the binaries takes less than no time.
Do we need to file a formal copyright violation request?  The law
provides a way to force websites to immediately remove infringing
materials.
They are clearly willing to correct their mistakes, it's
not like they'll just leave thing as they are. Give them some time!

I don't believe this for a minute.  There are insurmountable licensing
restrictions, and the "time" is an excuse.

Overnight we actually did remove the downloads. Today we posted this on the debian-devel:

http://www.gnusolaris.org/sources

Note that we have limited resources.

Thanks!